Monday, June 21, 2010

Babies are so cute, when they are someone else's

Kind of a crazy weekend around here. Friday we played a show at my neighborhood watering hole, Revolution Pizza. It was a good crowd, the weather was almost perfect and we played a pretty solid set. It was also the last show for friends of ours, Scentless Apprentices, a Nirvana cover band. We went first to make way for them to play everything they knew. It was so much fun to reminisce about high school. Saturday we ran around town running errands. While we were out we each got new bikes. It was supposed to be The Mrs. getting a new bike but when I saw the size of the bike they put her on I realized the bike I had was wholey inappropriately sized. And, to be honest, I was a little jealous. So, I am now the proud owner of a gigantic XL frame metro bike by Globe, an imprint of specialized. I am kind of amazed by how awesome a properly fitted bike is. Who knew?
On Sunday we had plans for Mr. and Mrs. Chelsea's baby shower. As most people know, I am not the child type. But, I put on a good face and took heart in knowing I would have back up there and the Brazil-CIV match would be on. It was a nice low key affair organized by Mr. Chelsea's sister and a friend of ours. When we arrived there was easily enough food to sustain a small village for a month or two. And plenty of beer and punch to wash it down with. We played some games, like, a relay race of changing diapers, boys against girls. Then we broke into groups. The men went upstairs to watch the match, drink, and mercilessly savage each other with verbal barbs. While the women watched Mrs. Chelsea open gifts and coo over it all. As I said I will not be having children, but seeing your friends as proud parents to be can't not make you happy. I'm sure it will change the dynamics within our group and the relationship between each of us. All we can do is be friends the best way we know how. Next weekend I hope will not have me contemplating such heavy subjects. The Mrs. and I are headed to the mountains for a scavenger hunt of sorts. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment