Saturday, May 8, 2010

Some reflection, and stuff

As my duties for this years Historic Charlotte Inc.'s festivities come to a close, I wanted to reflect on how much fun it has been. Sure, it has been a little hectic and nerve wracking, but thats what life is about. We set a near impossible goal and we jumped in. We started with an empty space that was at least six different colors, a small budget, and two months to make it all happen. So we filled thousands of nail holes and painted. We organized over a dozen local artists. We even became a catering company. Come opening night everything was done and I and my fellow volunteers got a chance to admire what we had accomplished. The whole experience made me reminisce about being a teenager and putting together punk rock shows at our local Lions Club. Passion can go a long way. I think people forget that. So thanks to Diane and Herbie, Leah, Terri and Jeff, Amy, John, Beth-Anne, Carrie, Mike and Charleen, all the artists, and of coarse, The Mrs. Until Next year..... I have a vacation to pack for. Europe here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment