Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Drink Experimentation

Over the weekend the Mrs. and I decided to check out the Super G mart a gigantic multi-ethnic grocery store out on 74 at Sardis Rd. It's crazy. We were completely overwhelmed by it. There were so many veggies, and fish parts I've never seen before, and enough rice to save a third world country from starvation. I did find one of my favorite things. For those who do not know what Malta is, it is a non-alcoholic malted beverage that taste like molasses soda. I started working on a drink that incorporates it. I'm sure it already exists but Googling "Malta cocktail" gets you the drink menu for every bar in Malta. So, I am calling it the "Panamanian Schooner", bonus points for those who get the reference. Anyway, It's

1 1/2 oz. of Rum - I used Abuelo from Panama (hence the name, thanks Mr.and Mrs. Whisk(e)y)
Juice from 1/4 of a Lime
2 drops Grapefruit Bitters
7 oz Malta
All over Ice and stir

It is very refreshing but may need a slightly more bitter component.

Tomorrow we will discuss our dinner tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment