Sunday, August 1, 2010

Worst week to OK weekend

On top of the crazy work schedule and near impossible deadlines for the week add a helping of sick animals, stupid animals, death, destruction and mayhem. This just about gets you to my week. It all started last Friday with a cabinet install that should have been a breeze but when plumbers screw up it halts everything; add on that the contractor and super being out of town and neither of them having voicemail and you get one livid cabinetmaker. So, Monday we chat and they tell me "we told you we would be out of town", and yes they did, but knowing that fact does nothing to alleviate the frustration of the situation. Meanwhile, my lovely wife is at home sick with our also quite sick ferret and a dog that has just gotten fixed, microchipped and had his dew claws removed, and is wearing the cone. To the dogs credit he has been very good about the whole thing. Tuesday comes and I have to book it up to this job after the plumber has finished fixing it and of course its raining, why wouldn't it be. Also during the install, I get the good yet slightly stressful news that Mrs. Chelsea is in labor and the baby in on it's way. But , the install gets done, the baby is healthy and everyone is happy. Did I mention my neighbors demonic cat who needs to get six pills every morning. And when I say demonic I mean I thought there was gonna be a pea soup incident. This hiccup in my schedule had me getting up at five thirty adding to my displeasure of each day. The cat got better once we learned to give him the pills in Velveeta. Tuesday also sees my beautiful little girl getting sicker, a vet appointment is made. Wednesday comes and work goes OK but when we get to the vet we find out our loving ferret of just over nine years has a heart that is failing. We know it is her time and say our goodbyes. If a man can find a soul mate in a two pound blind deaf and dumb ball of spite, she was mine. We go home and have a good cry. Thursday is total chaos at the shop, trying to make sure I am ready for an install on Friday. I do not like to miss deadlines. And that morning is the appointment for the dog to get his first set of stitches out. Everything happens just as it should until I am on my way home and while cleaning my glasses they come back up in two pieces. I mutter many unholy things and take a deep breath. This is unable to convey just how I feel so I just let out an obscenity laced tirade at the top of my lungs that would make Sam Kinison blush and try not to just drive my truck into a wall. After arriving home I self medicate a bit and try to relax. But all I can think about is the twenty two foot antique pine countertop that has to go in on Friday and the fact that I have to bike somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty miles that night. The Mrs. comes home having had an equally detestable day and we decide to go out for dinner. So we head over to Soul where we continue to self medicate with Campari and soda along with a steady stream of tasty nibbles topped off with a maraschino cherry cupcake with champagne icing. So that wasn't so bad. Friday came entirely two quickly even though I got to sleep in a little. The neighbors had returned and I was relieved from cat duty. The install went well and we even got to have some lunch at the Crepe Cellar. Then it was time for the whirlwind of activity to get ready for the twenty-four hours of booty. I will close here and continue the weekend in a few days. If anyone actually finished reading this I apologize. I will owe you ten minutes. I promise the weekend will be filled with food and adventure as well as less complaining. This ones for Bookie. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment